Friday, September 2, 2011

Support Team

Best Friend-Thoughtful-Kind-Experienced-Emotional-Strong-Unique-Dedicated-Hard working-Motivational-Honest-Loving

These are just some of the words I am using to describe my Mother. Everyone always says they have the worlds best Mom, and to them they probably do. But I know in my heart my Mom tops them all. 

It has taken many years for me to get to this point of bonding with my Mom. Some things just take time. There was a point when I was a teen where I hated and disrespected my parents so much. I look back now and think about how much time I wasted being angry. My childhood definietly left some bumps and bruises, as an adult I know everyone will say that to be true about their own, but back then I was mad. At about 18 years old, I had a deep conversation with my Dad. It was open and free flowing, neither of us was holding back in the honesty department. I was able to ask those questions about my childhood that I have never asked. The answers I got changed my perception of the events that had occurred. It left room for me to let go of the anger and to accept things as they really were. I felt so accomplished and relieved I decided to have a similar conversation with my Mom. My parents were honest with me. Honesty is always the best policy. 

Now I'm 24 years old, I lived a lot of life in my short years, especially as an adult. I look to my Mother for the most significant friendship. We talk to each other on a daily basis, sometimes 3 or 4 times. I can always ask her for advise and guidance, knowing she will be kind and warm, with just enough of a sour pickle sarcasm to spice it up. She and I are very alike when it comes to how we view the world, in a very optimistic light. We always have a good laugh and a tear when needed. If I call she always answers. 

I never dreamed that my relationship with my Mother would be as strong as it is today. In this time of hardship and unknown she is standing by my side to motivate me to be the best Wife, Mother, and friend that I possibly can. I thank her for everything she has done for me, whether it was her parental commitments, or those by choice as a friend. She will always be the first person I call, good, bad or indifferent. 

I love you me-ha!






 

No comments:

Post a Comment